[nflug] Network Issues

Len Thornton len at lenthornton.com
Mon May 21 10:00:58 EDT 2007

Verizon DSL is relatively stable.  When they offered it in Newfane, I was first in line.  I get speeds of 2,800 kbs down and 550 kbs up.  Much more reliable than Adelphia PowerLink ever was.  And cheaper too.

Had a thought recently with TW's fiber upgrade and IP changes - this whole area is tied to essentially two critical points of failure for broadband:  Verizon and Time Warner for broadband (unless you have a true business class service, or a laptop cellular card).  Scary...

As for Time Warner admitting their problems, won't happen.  They're too afraid of class-action or having to refund service fees.

Len