[nflug] Flat Panel LCD Monitors

K Olkowski wpos2 at adelphia.net
Wed Jan 10 02:47:40 EST 2007

Just saw the thread.

One thing I can add is this: the proof is in the pudding.  It sounds
like you have made your decision based on research and user
testimonials.  However, I still recommend that you check out your
choices of monitors in actual use if they're available at any of the
consumer electronics stores.  This is why I'm a die-hard NEC fan in general.

BThW, I'll take a Trinitron tube over an LCD any day.  LCDs still appear
a bit pixelated and "fake" to me.  And you can't beat the black levels.
  However, it would be nice to have significant reduction in power
consumption.

In summary, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.