[nflug] Dump XP image to VMWARE

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 12:14:20 EDT 2006

I did it via the following:

Setup up a VM with a PHYSICAL disk (the one you want to image from )
and a virtual disk big enough to hold the data.

Boot the VM and use a ghost boot disk,

ghost from one to the other, shutdown VM, edit config to remove
physical disk, reboot VM on virtual disk and let XP freak about the
changed hardware and go through re-activation hell.  Hence why I'll
never install XP on any system,  2K runs 5x faster, uses 1/3rd the RAM
and all apps run just as nice on it.  IF you can get it thru
reactivation then you should be just fine.

--- anthonyriga <torrodimerda at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have any tricks to dumping and XP ghost
> image to wmvare workstation or player? Or dumping the
> OS to a vmware image?

-- David J. Andruczyk