[nflug] VOIP

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 11:04:00 EDT 2006

The problem w/ Sun Rocket or Vonage is that they give
you a locked adapter, meaning you only get to use one
phone connected to it. With someone like voicepulse
connect or telesip you can have more than one device.
For example, you could buy service and have room
mates/friends or family connect to your PBX and give
them telephone through your service service. So when
someone calls, you can direct the calls to that person
whether they are on premises or not.

--- eric <eric at bootz.us> wrote:

> Sun rocket sounds about right... thanks.
>
> I wonder how companies like vonage tie into the
> phone company ...can
> anyone do this... say I wanted to tie my VOIP into
> the phone comapny??
>
> Tom McKim wrote:
>
> >I'd be interested to hear of a personal VOIP server
> >that had no connections to the Publich Switched
> >Telephone Network.
> >
> >If it is just for your family and friends to get a
> >hold of you get Skype.  You can connect to anyone's
> >Skype account via the Internet for Free.
> >They have a Skype In service that allows people
> from
> >the PSTN to reach your Skype account, and they have
> >Skype out for you to reach people on the PSTN.
> >

> >Vonage is great.  Have had it for close to two
> years.
> >They have a 15 plan for 500 minutes. 25 for
> unlimited.
> >

> >I heard Sun Rocket has an unlimited that amounts to
> >17.95 per month, if you play the year in advance
> (or
> >something like that.)
> >

> >--- Bootz <eric at bootz.us> wrote:
> >

> >>I'm trying to get rid of verizon hopefully going
> >>with roadrunner.  I
> >>want to completly get rid of my phone bill and
> have
> >>VOIP, can I set up
> >>my own VOIP server for just my friends and family
> >>call me...?
> >>

> >Tom McKim, MCSE
> >mckimt at yahoo.com

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win
- Mohandas Gandhi