Firefox problem

Robert F. Stockdale IV javabob at adelphia.net
Tue Sep 20 04:25:55 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone:
	I'm currently running Firefox on a Gentoo 2005.0 system. I have 2
Athlon 1800+mp processors with 1 gig of ram and a 3 (36,7 gig each) disk
scsi drive system. Most everything runs extremely fast. All Windows pop
up instantly and close just as quickly. I have an All-in-Wonder 128
graphics card. However, Mozilla Firefox works fine for a short while but
then takes forever to redraw a screen. This is most noted when I go to a
different desktop (Gnome) say to check my email then return to the
desktop that Firefox is running on. Most times I have to kill the
processes that Firefox is running then restart it. I sometimes have
Epiphany loaded as well and it never has a problem redrawing the screen.
It however will not connect properly with cups for printing. I prefer
using Firefox, but it is getting very aggravating to have to restart it
all the time. Any one have a suggestion?
Thank you.
Bob