Sharing Bookmarks?

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Wed May 18 10:56:25 EDT 2005

Hi.
I just came up with another "brilliant idea".
Before I shoot myself in the foot, Will this work?

I'm having bookmark blues because I'm starting to use Firefox more, but
I still use Mozilla a lot and I end up with some bookmarks in each place.
It just dawned on me that since both files are just bookmarks.html, I
could just replace one of them with a symlink to the other.  That way,
*if* it works, both products would use the same file and my problem
would be eliminated (if, and as long as, the formats are identical).

I do have daily and weekly /home backups to fall back on if something
goes awry after an upgrade to one or the other.

I am currently using Firefox 1.03 and Mozilla 1.7.0.  (I know 1.7.7 is
available, but I haven't gotten around to it.)

TIA

Joe

--
"It may be that the satisfaction I need depends on my going away, so that when I've gone and come back, I'll find it at home." -- Rumi