Poll of sorts-

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Thu Mar 10 11:42:35 EST 2005

Robert Meyer wrote:

>Well, I have used Linux in a corporate environment.  A place that worked at had
>numberous Linux web/database servers and my desktop was linux.  We also had
>corporate Email on Linux with windows and Linux clients.  I'm not currently
>working in that environment but there are some places out there like this.
>
>Most of the people in the group fall into the home experimenter/small
>environment types.  There aren't a lot of people with larger scale experience
>because there isn't a whole lot of companies around here using Linux in a large
>scale way.
>
>Cheers!
>
>Bob
>--- Dennis Ruzeski <dennisr at corp.kanoodle.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm curious about something--
>>
>>How do you all use Linux? Are there many people on the list that use it in a
>>corporate/enterprise environment or is it more for desktop/home use?
>>
>>I've only been to a couple of meetings, but they seem to center more around
>>'Linux as a Windows desktop replacement', which is great since Windows sucks,
>>but I'd like to see more meeting topics revolving around things like
>>high-volume system administration, tuning for performance and uptime, and
>>Linux in the enterprise. Anybody else that would like to do things like this?
>>
>>--Dennis

>Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
>http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/

We have been steadily working on our clients with Linux in the
workplace. They all start out with Linux as SMB, Email, Intranet
servers, then I gradually work in the workstations and with the help of
VMware, I can let the workstations do there windows stuff and at the
same time with a click of a mouse, do there email and web stuff in
Linux, for more security, etc. It's a formula that's been building and
building with great success.

--
cybersource.us
115 Richfield Road