Mozilla & Firefox Printing Problem

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Tue Jun 7 21:41:05 EDT 2005

I found my own answer.  It is identical in both programs.

1) Set the page margin: File->Page Setup->Margins & Header/Footer to the
printable margin of your printer plus the space required for the header
and footers.  On my printer, that's 0.5 + 0.2 = 0.7 inches, top and
bottom.  I might be able to reduce this a bit but it works.

2) Set the physical margins: File->Print->Properties->Gap From Edge of
Paper To Margin.  This is the actual distance from the edge of the paper
to where the printer can actually print.  On my printer, that's 0.5 inches.

The distance between the physical margins and the page margins is where
the header and footer live - in this case 0.2  inches.

These measurements cn be tweaked for your printer or the appearance you
want.  What's important is understanding where the header and footer go
and how to leave room for them.

Joe

--
"Slow but sure moves the might of the gods." -- Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC)