Sudo for dummies?

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Tue Jun 7 15:46:15 EDT 2005

Hi.  I have a few priviledged commands I would like to be able to run as
a user without using su.
For the most part, I could put them all (or symlinks to them) in one
protected directory.

I just read the man pages for sudo, sudoers, visudo and got overwhelmed
by all the options.

My machine is basically single user (me and root) and is relatively
physically secure.  I'm still running Mandrake 9.1.

Can someone show me how to set sudo up  in a minimal fashion?
It looks like it's not that complicated once you narrow it down to just
a few things to do.

TIA

Joe

--
"If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they're capable of becoming." -- Goethe