linux in the classroom

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 10:08:05 EDT 2005

Win4Lin is a possibility. The free version only
supports 95 & 98 apps. If you need 2k or Xp have to
pay, Vmware may then be the better solution. I think
Peter (who raves about it) previously said at a
meeting that he can resell at a good price, somewhat
below the usual cost. Contact him for details.

--- "Eric R. Benoit" <ebenoit at hopevale.com> wrote:

> A small high school.
>  I would like to test/setup a small lab of student
> computers with linux
> and an "emulator" to run win32 software that the
> school purchased.  I am
> having difficulty trying to find a free emulator if
> it even exists (Wine
> is limiting).  I also have not used an emulator
> before and am not sure
> how well it would perform (hopefully better than
> windows) and would be
> unsure of it's scalability with the software we have
> and will purchase.
> For instance we have a II tier server application
> for reading that uses
> IPX.  I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I also
> don't no any problems
> that could occur running win32 applications that are
> meant for
> connectivity accross a network.  "I" lack in this
> area, and I just want
> to know enough that will satisfy me to start working
> on such a project.
> Would an emulator run ALL my win32 software?  Would
> an emulator need a
> beefy computer to run on?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric
>
> pirrone wrote:
>
> > Eric R. Benoit wrote:
> >
> >> Well, I popped the question to a possible
> inexpensive stable
> >> solution.  Not sure how it was taken though.
> >>

> > Eric,
> >
> > Where's that, and what functionality?
> >
> > Frank

Free Good