Adelphia Powerlink

Brett Hamann brett at consumersbeverages.com
Tue Mar 9 15:29:48 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis Ruzeski" <dennisr at corp.kanoodle.com>
To: <nflug at nflug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 3:00 PM
Subject: RE: Adelphia Powerlink

> To clarify- That's not really changing the mac address of the router. It's
just telling the router to alter the outgoing mac address in the packet
headers it sends. MAC addresses are the only way for the cable company to
track the number of users behind a router running nat and lately adelphia
has been finicky about things like that.

I believe you are correct, but the result is the same as far as Adelphia is
concerned.

To clarify my suggestion, I would only do this IF ALL ELSE FAILS!

I couldn't get my router to let go of and IP address after Adelphia changed
my network. After multiple power cycles to no avail, I tried the MAC Cloning
and it worked...It seemed like it was Adelphia's DHCP causing the
problem.....Who knows...

Brett