CPU/MB problem? Which one?

Frank Kumro fkumro at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 03:45:40 EDT 2004

A couple of months ago i was running a cs server from a 850 duron and
I was having MB problems. So recently I purchased a new motherboard
and installed my duron 850 in it. I must say I had to bend a pin or
two back into place because I was careless with the processor. I
installed the motherboard and processor into my case with HD. I push
the power button and the CPU fan spins on, so does the case fan. I can
hear the HD spin up and there are no POST beeps. This motherboard has
integrated video and I have a monitor plugged into it. I see no
picture and nothing happens. I have everything needed to run and it
does nothing but start the fans. Is this a MB problem or does it sound
like a bad cpu?

At this point at 3:51 am I am at my wits end and If I had enough cash
i would smash this to pieces (but i dont and im sure this is the tired
part of me talking). Any help would be greatl...time to sleep :)
--
Frank
Shenanigans!!