w2k - firewall offtopic

Tom McKim mckimt at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 11:33:33 EDT 2004

Sounds like it may be more of a virus problem..

Anyway, I've got an Anti-Virus/Firewall from Panda
Software called Panda Antivirus Platinum 7.
As I am a net admin, they gave me a free version, in
hopes that I would recommend it for my company when
the time comes.

It works good.  Everytime any connection in either
direction makes a request, it ask if you want to
Allow it for this connection only
Allow it always
Dis-allow it for this connection only
Dis-allow it always

Worked like Zone Alarm that I used to Have and Black
Ice.

--- Justin Bennett <justin.bennett at dynabrade.com>
wrote:
> I'm looking for a w2k firewall (software) to install
> on a relatives PC.
> Something that is VERY easy. Basically blocks
> incoming connections
> unless initiated from the PC (like NAT). Zone alarm
> is nice except way
> to hard for her to configure, when it asks for new
> services to be
> allowed to access the internet I think it will be
> too confusing.  I need
> something for the very BASIC user, that provides
> good protection. She
> had dialup and keeps getting infected when she is
> connected.
>
> Any Recomendations?
>
> Justin
>
> --