meeting this weekend?

Mark Robson markrobson at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 11:29:05 EDT 2003

Bob, if you're back on, hope things went well Friday.

I'm still working over the partition issues from last
week, and wonder if either Evolution or Mozilla can
import MS Outlook .pst files.  Looks like a way can be
done with Mozilla in Windows, first, then save as
csv/txt, etc...  But I haven't yet gotten to where I
can re-install windows.  I have a 75mb file saved, I
even learned to 'roll' it (?) in Gnome.  Now it's only
50mb.  But I need to get it over to another machine to
import it into wind-ohhhs.  I have this Linux box and
my kids' windows boxes on enet behind a router and
adelphia cable modem.  Their win98 machines (and the
now-dead XP) did peer-to-peer successfully.

Okay, the questions:
- can I directly import *.pst into Evol or Moz.  If
not, is there another email client I can do this in?

- Is there a way short of learining Samba (enduser,
not admin, very intimidated) to move this file over
the wires?  I don't find anything about Linux and p2p.

For a smaller file, I'd just email it to my yahoo
account and switch machines.  At 75mb, too big.  I
don't want to try to use an upload to the web
somewhere, do I?  With the cable connection, I get
fast enough up/download to consider that, too.

Thanks in advance,

Mark