Server Power Down

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Jan 22 10:17:13 EST 2003

> I'm running Redhat 7.2 there is a program sensors and sensors-detect. If
> you run sensors-detect it gives you the modules you need and the options
> for modules.conf. Then you can run sensors to get the reading (I assume
> it's a pretty interface for a proc file).  They were on my rh 7.2 box by
> default.

Wow.  I never knew that these were included in the 7.2 release.  There are
2 concerns though:

a) that rpm contains an old version {2.5.5 vs 2.7.0}

b) I think I read somewhere on the lm_sensors site
   (http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/) that the i2c software in the
   kernel needs to be about the same version as the sensors.  I think I
   read it in the README while trying to compile the lm_sensors software.

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me