Has anyone tried this or something similar?

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Sun Feb 9 14:11:16 EST 2003

I've played with things like Spam assasin which does the same thing on the
server side. These things are only as good as their rules. They look for
certain things to judge if it is spam or not. Many people in the to field,
unsubrscribe links (then this list could be marked as spam), certain key
words (then spammers start replacing 'o' with zeros)ect. n the end it
works ok, Spam assisin flags what it thinks is spam and you have to delete
it or not. You can have it move to a differnt folder so it's not in your
inbox.If you automatically delete mail you run the risk of deleteing stuff
thats not really spam, nothing is going to be 100%. In the end only you
can judge if it is spam or not.