KDE login

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 21:34:09 EDT 2002

I removed KDM entirely!  then I started x and TWM started adn xdm started and
allowed me to login!

I then installed KDE3 and it tunnign OK and still using xdm to login...

Ill adjust that in the files mentioned.

I found an msec note on the 8.2 erratta page that seemed to match my problem.
Apaprently an manual update doesnt correctly install msec (it leaves
msec.sh.rpmnew and other files with rpmnew extension) you have to manually mv
these to msec.sh and other files...  DrakX does this automatically but manually
updating (which I usually do, causes trouble with security stuff like
chkconfig, thia MAY? be why programs that needed to knwo msec level failed (ie
ssh and login through kdm?

I still testing and havent gotten kdm runnign yet.  I will test more and post
results...

JJN