Samba Help

Justin Bennett justin.bennett at dynabrade.com
Tue Jun 4 13:25:56 EDT 2002

You'll need to add a unix account and samba account for the machine
names logging onto the network (2K and NT only), and then your regular
user account. Example from /etc/passwd:
Marco is my desktop, polo my laptop... :)

marco$:x:501:501::/home/marco$:/bin/bash

and then add the machine with smbpasswd -m

See:
http://www.samba.org/samba/ftp/docs/htmldocs/samba-pdc-howto.html

for more info.....

Hope this helps
Justin

On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 12:23, Todd Wirth wrote:
> Have you added a machine account? From the smbpasswd man page:
>
> -m     This option tells smbpasswd that the  account  being  changed  is
> MACHINE account.  Currently  this  is  used when Samba is being used as an
> NT Primary Domain Controller.
>
> This option is only available when running smbpasswd as root.
>

> -- Todd

Justin Bennett
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Network Administrator