Samba Help

Todd Wirth todd at phyberoptiks.net
Tue Jun 4 12:23:47 EDT 2002

Have you added a machine account? From the smbpasswd man page:

-m     This option tells smbpasswd that the  account  being  changed  is
MACHINE account.  Currently  this  is  used when Samba is being used as an
NT Primary Domain Controller.

This option is only available when running smbpasswd as root.

-- Todd