scp

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Jun 4 11:30:58 EDT 2002

> "scp -v peter at ns1:Sent* /home/peter"
> This said that the file was transferred 100% but then gives me the
> input/output error and does not transfer the file. I am under the
> believe that the above command is saying to transfer the file "Sent*" on
> ns1 (logged into with ssh) and authenticates the user peter (which it
> does), then will copy that file to my local /home/peter.
> Any ideas?

well, a few things to consider:

a) use the absolute path instead of just 'Sent*'
b) `df -k` to make sure that /home/peter has the space to hold the files
c) permissions.  Do you have write permissions on /home/peter ?

In other words, the I/O error might be outside the scope of scp.

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me