scp

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Tue Jun 4 11:44:18 EDT 2002

Thanks for the quick response.
Tried it with a different file, logged in as root this time and this
should have taken care of points a through c below but got the exact
same input/output error. Any other ideas?
On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 11:30, Robert Dege wrote:

    > "scp -v peter at ns1:Sent* /home/peter"
    > This said that the file was transferred 100% but then gives me the
    > input/output error and does not transfer the file. I am under the
    > believe that the above command is saying to transfer the file "Sent*" on
    > ns1 (logged into with ssh) and authenticates the user peter (which it
    > does), then will copy that file to my local /home/peter.
    > Any ideas?

    well, a few things to consider:

    a) use the absolute path instead of just 'Sent*'
    b) `df -k` to make sure that /home/peter has the space to hold the files
    c) permissions.  Do you have write permissions on /home/peter ?

    In other words, the I/O error might be outside the scope of scp.

    Dege

    .... If They Weren't Happening To Me