scp

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Tue Jun 4 11:22:46 EDT 2002

Hello All,
  This list has been pretty quiet lately, everyone must be busy cutting
lawns, etc. Anywho, I've been playing with scp lately and can't quite
get it working. I'm getting where it says that the files have
transferred to 100% but then it says input/output error. Can anyone give
my a simple correct syntax to use this to transfer files? The syntax I
was using that I got the input/output errors on is,
"scp -v peter at ns1:Sent* /home/peter"
This said that the file was transferred 100% but then gives me the
input/output error and does not transfer the file. I am under the
believe that the above command is saying to transfer the file "Sent*" on
ns1 (logged into with ssh) and authenticates the user peter (which it
does), then will copy that file to my local /home/peter.
Any ideas?