Hello ALL !

barefalls at juno.com barefalls at juno.com
Tue Jan 30 12:36:14 EST 2001

I am new to the computing scene but have absorbed an incredible amount of
data in the last 6 months. Prior to that my last exposure to a computer
was an Apple in High School 20 yrs ago. I graduated in 1980 and fought
with card feeders at UB and lost interest. I joined this Linux group in
an effort to meet enthusiastic, knowledgeble individuals to share ideas,
problems and solutions; which brings me to the crux of the cookie. I have
recently noticed strange goings on within my system and began
investigating 4 weeks ago. This is obviously an online situation. In
short, I am under attack and need help!!!! This has gotten so bad to the
point where I recently had to thwart the Hybris.gen worm. My firewall
appears to be intact and functioning but the worm came in the mail and
Norton didn't flag it. I am now using NetScan 4.12 in and effort to
determine the intrusion sources. My ICQ was compromised and therefore
uninstalled but there's much, much, MUCH more. Does anyone know of S7S?
Can anyone offer me some assistance? From the little boy with his FINGER
in the dyke, Gregory D. Hough