sound woes :-(

kumiorava at crosswinds.net kumiorava at crosswinds.net
Tue Jan 30 12:53:50 EST 2001

A CyrixII 300mhz should be more than enough to play mp3's
when it comes to pure processing power. My old PII 400mhz
which wasn't that much more powerfull than your processor
used to use hog more than maby 15% processor nice time at any
point in playing. However, what made all the difference in
mp3 playing performance on that machine was to to cranck up
the size of the buffer. If you use XMMS, try going into the
configuration for the OSS plugin and change the buffer size
to something like 3000K. That might help you get smoother
output. Don't know how you would go about changing the buffer
in other players...

	- Lasse