NFLUG Mailing List Issues

James Simmons jsimmons at acsu.buffalo.edu
Sun Apr 2 14:06:05 EDT 2000

> I just don't want to end up with
> a situation where the membership list, which I keep, and the mailing
> list, which majordomo keeps, get out of sync.

Thats the problem. The memebership list and the maling list should be
interwined and automated on the same machine. This way no one has to be
bothered to be add someone to the mailing list. All I'm saying is have a
web front end to majordomo. They still are joining with majordomo.

Not the web master. I'm saying use a email alias like contact at nflug.org
which gets sent to one person or a group of people. So in 2236 AD that
address will still be around but someone else will be the contact for
NFLUg then.

> Oh, you want a Contacts page. Fine. You've got it -- IF YOU REMIND
> ME since it's late and we get some CONSENSUS on what belongs there.

Almost. It would be thing to see "If you have question contact
contact at nflug.org"

> > Well I have discovered that they are really slow at changing things.
>
> Who are they? What things?

linux.org still has the old BLUG site link up when I told them to remove
already.

"Look it's a text editor, no it's a OS, no it's Emacs"
James Simmons                                           ____/|
fbdev/gfx developer                                     \ o.O|
http://www.linux-fbdev.org                               =(_)=
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net                            U