[nflug] Meetings - A Brief History of NFLUG and its Future

Daniel Magnuszewski dmagnuszewski at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 14:40:34 EST 2008

I see my goals similar to Brian's. I would be more likely to attend a meeting if the topic was related to enterprise topics as opposed to, for example, setting up Ubuntu (which I could care less about). As the head of the Buffalo Perl Mongers, I do understand and appreciate having topics of all skill levels and understand the difficulty of having talks for a group of people with varying skill sets. One thing we did for a while with our Perl Monger meetings was to have both a beginner and an advanced topic at each meeting, which seemed to work pretty well.

I am a big fan of changing the name to WNYLUG (was never fond of NFLUG) and consolidating the mailing lists, websites, etc.

-Dan