[nflug] Fedora 7 to 8 upgrade woes

Daniel V cloudlakedreamer at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 00:07:10 EST 2007

I like RedHat GNU/Linux a lot. I was wary of Fedora a
while back when it wouldn't see my firewire external
drives. I switched to CentOs (Enterprise Red Hat
without the branding/logos/support). Fedora is
cutting-edge, but I don't want those head-aches... I
just want to manage my home network and geek out, not
deal with alpha/beta-testing stuff... I'm not knocking
Fedora, I tried the lastest Fedora 8, but I need
stability in a system.

Of course, dealing with CentOS 5 presents challenges
of its own, if you're going to compile your own
programs and especially if you want to use new
versions of Gimp, etc.

It's good to try the different distros, but who has
the time to do hard drive installs ?

later,
Daniel