[nflug] Fedora 7 to 8 upgrade woes

Kevin E. Glosser keg at roadrunner.com
Fri Nov 16 10:18:54 EST 2007

Pete cummings wrote:
> Those upgrades never work out, or you end up with this in-between system
> that stinks.

For the record, that's not true. I've done them, they do work, not 100%
of the time. Nothing works 100% of the time.

Personally, I upgraded from Fedora 7 to 8, but my system is not a 64-bit
system. I also didn't have any external repositories included. Not that
either of those variables would be the cause of the problem.

It's a bug, as stated previously.

In the past, I've upgraded from Fedora 4 --> Fedora 5 --> Fedora 6.
Fedora 7 I did fresh for the review I wrote.

Times have changed, upgrades work, just be prepared to do a fresh
install if it doesn't. :)

Windows upgrades, now that's another debate. ;)

KEG