[nflug] A/B box, anyone?

Stephen Burke qfwfq at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 26 17:20:43 EDT 2007

Louis Spironello wrote:
> Sorry I didn't receive the original post.   However, have you considered
> a software solution.
> Synergy (http://synergy.sf.net) will allow one share KVM between a slew
> of machines
> via software.   Available for both windows and linux.
>
> If you are running X on all machines, you could also try X2X.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
> Lou

Actually, I found synergy a couple of days ago while trying to figure
out what the hell KVM meant (A/B is geezer talk, I guess). Software is
definitely a more promising solution, since I'd like to clear more crap
OFF this desk,

Then immediately got sidetracked from it until late last night, when the
whole "larry, curly, moe" routine in /etc/synergy.conf just gave me a
headache.

Fortunately, I found the quicksynergy gui this morning, which looks very
promising. I'm currently trying to see if I can use up/down for the
other two machines since all are running e (two e17 and one e16), so
they need left/right for desktop switching. Something is happening, just
not sure what yet.

Thanks for the tip,
S.

p.s. Thanks for the hardware link, Dave, but buying MORE hardware is
what I'm trying to avoid. Prices certainly look good though. Have to
check that place out.