[nflug] /home, MySQL and user replication

Wolfe, Robert robert_todd at adelphia.net
Sun Jan 14 00:01:55 EST 2007

Hi all!

Recently installed Debian 4 on my other Sun Ultra 5 and would like to
replicate my /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files on that machine from my
Debian 3.1 machine along with all the /home directories as well so users can
use both the 3.1 and 4.0 boxes and still have the same files in their home
directories on both machines.  However, I am having a heck of a time trying
to figure this out and how to get it into a cron job.

Any pointers to information on an easy way to do this would be very much
greatly appreciated.

Robert Wolfe [MCP/Linux+]

Sysop, Omicron Theta BBS (net261.ath.cx)

Admin, Net 261 Networks/Niagara PANUX