[nflug] Return to ssh/cygwin/remote X question +suse10 and nvidia

deadpoint deadpoint at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 27 18:47:14 EST 2006

> Is suse doing something diferent with this days these days? Does anyone
> even USE suse anymore? I can't seem to find anything out there except
> various explantions of the above.

i'm running SuSE on 50+ production systems, it's basicly the only linux
distro i'll use.  though i use debian in my compute cluster.

what values do you see when you 'grep X11 /etc/ssh/sshd_config'? there
should be 3 options, mine are below. it's most likely that X11Forwarding
is set to no, which i believe is the default. if it is then uncomment
the line, set it to yes and run 'rcsshd reload'.

grep X11 /etc/ssh/sshd_config
	X11Forwarding yes
	#X11DisplayOffset 10
	#X11UseLocalhost yes

> Further, if anyone IS using suse 10 and has successfully configured an
> nvidia video card, I'd love to hear how you did it. Mine is a geforce
> mx420. Currently, clicking on videocard/monitor thing in yast and "sax2
> -m 0=nvidia" give me a totally black screen that requires the box's
> reset button to get beyond. I did the online update at the end of the
> installation that was supposed to install the nvidia driver, which is
> the recommended method, but clearly something is not working.

i don't have anything with this video card, sorry. but i can say that
sax2 has always worked for me. try running online_update again to get
the latest patches. is this a dual head video card? anything in the logs?