[nflug] Really dumb ftp question

Richard Hubbard rhubby at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 11:34:19 EST 2005

I have a student trying to configure an FTP server for
uploads. It's fedora core 4, using vsftpd.  when we
try to upload after configuring a user on the linux
box, we get an error, basically 'you don't have
permission' ===>"could not create file"

Throwing security to the wind (right now the machine
is in 'impossible to hack externally' mode (xover
cable between ftp client and server)) we tried to
allow anonymous uploads, made sure the target
directory had the proper permissions (overkill at
777).

Still no joy.  Can anyone tell me what I am
forgetting? It has to be something obvious and stupid.

Thanks!