Stuff

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 11:30:53 EDT 2003

http://www.icculus.org/lgfaq/

Don't know how old the FAQ above is but I think I answered my own questions.
ALSA is one way to serve sound but it is not EAX.  THe Environmental Audio
features of EAX are propretary to Creative and most web sites I was able to
find say that it has no support in Liux, I'm still looking.  Alsa OSS, EDS
ARTSD are sound drivers/servers.  The most common problem in games is that the
gnome esd or KDE artsd sound server holds the sound device and won't let the
game send data.  Stopping the sound server fixes that (so does using WM :-)

JJN