Kmail setup?

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sun Mar 30 18:29:08 EST 2003

I went to configure kmail, network, and send or smtp.  What I already have
there is:
Name: Buffnet SMTP
Host: smtp.buffnet.net
Port: 25
Precommand: <blank>
x Server Requires Authorization
Login: josephj
Password: <blank>
__ Store SMTP Password
__ Custom Host Name

When I send, it asks me for my password and I type it in.
the message leaves my outbox and appears in my sent messages box, just like
downtown, but it never got posted on the NFLUG list.  BTW, if I use the
option for it to save my password, how does it save it?  In a reasonably
secure way?

So, back to my original question, where do I look for an error message etc.
to figure out who's unhappy with my email?

Joe