Kmail setup?

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Sun Mar 30 22:46:12 EST 2003

Having once worked for the good people of BuffNET, you may consider
emailing support at buffnet.net, (and if that doesn't work,
root at buffnet.net) and ask them to verify email is being sent from your
account.  Most ISP's can scan logs, since things like sendmail (which
they used when I worked there some years ago), log mail traffic in
/var/log/maillog (most system do by default... but varies on the tastes
of the administrators).

If they can retrieve that info for you that will at least let you know
if it's actually sending to BuffNET's network.  If not, check your own
mail queue, as your local systems mail daemon may be queueing it and not
sending it.  Try looking in the /var/spool/ directory, such as
/var/spool/mqueue, and maybe /var/spool/mail.

   - Tony