Kmail setup?

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 18:31:58 EST 2003

Well, what I would do is to configure 'kmail' with your ISP's SMTP host
information.  Chances are that you can't send mail with the default 'postfix'
or sendmail configurations.  Since you're using an ISP, that's probably the
best route.

In the kmail configuration (Settings->Configure Kmail->Network), there should
be two tabs.  One is for receiving and the other for sending.  Sounds like the
receiving part is OK.

You need to put your ISP's SMTP parameters in there, including login
information in the 'Sending' tab.  There will be a default there that you
should remove by selecting it and clicking the 'Remove' button.  Then click
'Add'.  You will get a popup that allows you to fill in the information
that you need.  Don't forget to go to the 'Security' tab and check the
Authentication method.  The best way to do this is to click the 'Check
what the server supports' button.  If you get an error at that point, you
have the wrong server name.

Cheers!

Bob
--- Joe <josephj at main.nc.us> wrote:
> I'm trying to get my email going using kmail and my local ISP mail account.
> Receiving mail works fine, but when I send mail it acts like everything
> worked, but the two posts I sent to this list from kmail never got there.
> (I'm sending this from Windoze.)  Where do I look for error messages etc?  I
> know, for example, that on my first attempt, I forgot to add my email
> account and password to kmail's config, so somebody should have complained
> somewhere.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Joe

=====