Little Help?

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Mon Mar 10 09:09:49 EST 2003

PS/2 port for the mouse is usually on IRQ 12.
Sound is usually on IRQ 5/7/9 depending upon conflicting IRQs, printer
port, etc.

You can see what devices are bound to what IRQ `/sbin/lspci -v`

Does your mouse return if you unload alsa and the sound kernel modules?
This would verify an IRQ problem versus a config problem.

-Rob