Windows Profiles/Scripts in Samba

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 11:10:20 EDT 2002

I just cheated and made a link on my desktop for rdesktop.  It looks something
like this:
[Desktop Entry]
Comment[C]=
Exec=/usr/local/bin/rdesktop -g 1024x768 accounting.installs.ops
Icon=/home/rmeyer/icons/rdesktop.xpm
MimeType=
Name[C]=Accounting
Path=
ServiceTypes=
SwallowExec=
SwallowTitle=
Terminal=false
TerminalOptions=
Type=Application
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
X-KDE-Username=

Hey, I'll even attach the 'rdesktop.xpm' while I'm at it.
--- JJ Neff <jjneff at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just wanted to pipe in that I am using rdesktop on my Debain box to attach to
> my Win2K machines.  Man I need windows less ans less (Except for darn
> PCAnywhere:-).  I n KDE3 on Mandraek aI had a graphical client app that let
> me
> chhoose between VNC. termnal server etc anyone know if that was KDE3 specific
> or is that an app available openly?  Or in lieu of that is there a graphical
> front end for rdesktop?
> JJN
> --- Darin Perusich <Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com> wrote:
> > we're running citrix metaframe XP on a windows 2000 server. we're not
> > using samba but sun's pc netlink, they're esentially the same thing. i
> > wouldn't store your users profiles in a unix accounts $HOME, i found out
> > the hard way that when you logoff from the cirtix session that it
> > recursively deletes all the files in you $HOME that aren't related to
> > windows.
> >
> > if you can i'd recommend running citrix on a win2k server instead of
> > nt4, the performance difference is huge. also, cinse win2k has client
> > software for windows clients so you don't need citrix. and, if you're
> > using terminal services for unix clients you can use the rdesktop client
> > from rdesktop.org. it's free GNU client for talking to windows terminal
> > services machines. it compiles and run's on all unix's, i've been using
> > on our sun servers and it works great. i figure that we'll be able to
> > save between 5 and 10 grand by getting rid of citrix.
> >
> > Carl Yost Jr. wrote:

> http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

=====
Bob Meyer