Small Distro Question

Jonathan Younker jyounker at brocku.ca
Thu Jun 6 16:25:04 EDT 2002

Hello,
My name is Jonathan, and I've been lurking on the list for a little while
now.  I've been using Linux for about a year, mostly in a library
environment (money's tight for libraries these days).
We're looking into setting up a bare-bones DNS server as a fail-over for
the library's main ones housed in the school's IT department.  It would
only run the DNS software and SSH.
We've got some old 486s that have 500mb HDDs and 16mb RAM.
My question:
Are there any distros that anyone would recommend for something like this?
I've played with Slackware, but I've heard of some smaller
distributions.  Does anyone have a favourite?
Thanks,
Jonathan.