Hi guys..I have an Idea

Michael mpo1 at adelphia.net
Thu Jul 4 09:43:16 EDT 2002

Hello all,

I just read  Ray's idea about mentoring and I too have been thinking about
the possibility. I myself would be willing to pay an hourly rate for someone
to go over the Linux system with. A person can read books, visit websites,
etc,. but nothing beats sitting down with someone who knows what they are
doing for answering questions and explaining different issues such as file
names, codes and switches, upgrades, dependencies, permissions, mounts,
runlevels, and the list goes on and on, at least for me. Peter's
demonstration loading Mandrake was one example of what can be learned when
being with someone who knows what they are doing.(although I wish I could
remember everything that was said about upgrading Java and getting Limewire
up and running) :-)
   The learning curve can be greatly speeded up and it doesn't necessarily
have to be inconvienent as far time constraints go. Arrangements can be made
when it best suits the individuals involved. And what a better way of having
the "Linux " word spread around than by having more people out there that
can better explain things to others as they too become (possibly) exposed to
Linux. . Mind you that details might still have to be worked out, but  I
believe that this is just too good an idea to be passed up.
    Anybody have other opinions on this?

Mike Osika