mentoring idea

peter pvant67 at wnyip.net
Thu Jul 4 14:02:54 EDT 2002

That's cool, I'm totally self-taught over the last 4+ years. I wouldn't
mind giving some RH help for any version from 5.2 up to now. I've also
used suse, calsera, and slack, but not for a long time.

Here's perhaps another way to do it, since we all have other things to
do also. This is what I would do anyway.

		Set aside a specific schedule to offer online help,
  		especially for distro-specific stuff.

		keep an open dialogue with one's mentor/student, 				possibly via email, chat, and
phone. Full contact info 				could be a good thing if used properly. This dialogue
may or may not be public, and would be a good way to 				arrange meeting mentors
and students at the meetings.

I would definitely be sure that any mentoring program we invent gets top
billing on the website, and possibly advertised elsewhere, such as the
buffalo internet and computing magazine.

Has anyone else seen the similar efforts by the GBLUG? If not, I could
dig out a link and post it maybe. Please let me know what you think, anyway.

thx

pete

--
"Truly, if Te is strong in one, all one needs to do is sit on one's ass,
and the corpse of one's enemy shall be carried past shortly."