[nflug] deluge bit torrent parameters

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sat Jan 3 13:52:21 EST 2009

I'm starting to use deluge for large files.

What I'm finding is that is I start even one or two torrents, I lose the
use of the Internet for anything else.
I've tried limiting it to one or two torrents at a time and throttling
the upload and download speeds to way less than bandwidth.
No luck.

What about maximum connections or other settings?

I tried setting maximum connections to 50 then 60 and - at least for the
moment, that seems to work.

Any idea what an "optimal" value would be?

When I left Max Connections unlimited, it looked like I kept getting
disconnected from both ISP's.

Do you think this was coincidence or theirs servers getting upset with me.

I have either dsl 860/128 all to myself, or, sometimes cable 300+/?, so
bandwidth is not what's doing it.

Joe

kubuntu hardy, Centrino Duo 1.6GHz, wireless Westel 327G, 1GB ram,
plenty of USB HDD space.