[nflug] Falls Region GNU/Linux User's Group ?, LUG participation

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sat Jan 3 00:49:27 EST 2009

Sorry for the late response, I'm way behind on my email.

I like all of the above ideas.  nflug and wnylug are both fine.

Being essentially a perpetual newbie at Linux (for many years now), I
always have things that don't work right or the way I want them to on my
computer.  While I realize that presentations are essential for good
meetings, I would like to see some less structured time reserved for
solving small problems or sort of an open group Q&A.  I came to several
meetings with my notebook.  The presentation happened and people left.
I didn't get to ask anyone about my issues (thank God for this list!)
and, more importantly, I didn't really get a chance to meet anyone new
or network.  I'm not suggesting we go around the room with names and
stories, etc. - just that we make a little space for the social aspect
of the group.

Joe

P.S. I'm still running Mandrake 9.1 RC2 on my desktop which Bob Meyer
installed for me at an NFLUG meeting at Pete's house quite a few years
ago.  If we hadn't have a few disorganized meetings like those back
then, I might have had to wait a few more years for a Linux that was
easier to install.