[nflug] Unintended text pasting in Thunderbird - and maybe elsewhere

SilverBear silverbear1 at sblinux.org
Fri Jan 2 00:31:37 EST 2009

Joe,
I think you're activating the X-Window paste function, which is a middle-mouse button click --or click both right-left buttons at the same time if you've not got a middle button.  I hate touchpads and always connect a mouse to my laptop, so you may need to experiment to see if it works the same on a touchpad.

I don't know that you _can_ disable this, but maybe you can set the touchpad click to be less sensitive.

Of possible help:
http://www.jwz.org/doc/x-cut-and-paste.html

--John