[nflug] cyrus vs dovecot

Eric Toczek eric at flerd.com
Tue Sep 23 13:41:58 EDT 2008

Eric Benoit wrote:

> cyrus or dovecot
>
> I'm going to use postfix,procmail,amvis,spamassin,ssl/tls
>
> also authenticating with a ldap server, and I'm pretty sure that I
> want mail folders created on the email server

Can't really go wrong with either option. I have gone with Dovecot as I
found it easier to setup and a little bit more flexible.

It's currently in very active development and the lead developer is
receptive to emails for bugs or feature requests. Allows you to use
procmail or the internal LDA deliver (with sieve support).  For file
formats can use mbox, maildir, or dbox (dbox own mailstore type, sort of
like maildir).

Give them both a go and see which one you like better.