[nflug] Sendmail Question

justin.bennett at dynabrade.com justin.bennett at dynabrade.com
Tue Oct 21 08:00:50 EDT 2008

Hey Guys,

        I have a sendmail server that I use to allow outside users to
relay mail through (using authenticaiton). It's works well for the most
part, you have to enter your username and password to send email, except
in one case. The server is not set to accept mail for any domains (Cw),
but if a piece of mail gets sent to the hostname as the domain and send it
to a valid local user like root at server.domain.com. Then it will accept the
email for the local user (root) which I forward to myself in /etc/aliases.
I'm getting a bunch of spam this way. How would I tell sendmail not to
accept mail for the local machine at all? It's sendmail-8.13.

Thanks
Justin