[nflug] Samba Question

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 09:56:07 EDT 2008

Unless you've configured samba to authenticate with PAM (is that even possible?), you will need to run the 'smbpasswd' command for each user to build a samba password file.  It is possible to get samba to update the PAM password when the samba password is changed from a Windows box.  I don't quite remember the incantation for that.  But, suffice it to say that you're going to need an smbpasswd file.

Cheers!

Bob

 --
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
--Leonardo da Vinci