[nflug] storage and meeting

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 20:47:36 EDT 2008

we just got our shipment of 3 X44500 thumbers at work.   nice boxes,  heavier than lead bricks,   only downer is there is no raid controllerwhatsoever.  and Solaris 10 can't do trunking on the nics built into the unit, so we are using linux with multiple SW raid 5's (set em up right and they SCREAM).    Nice to have 48TB in 3 or 4 U of space.

 -- David J. Andruczyk