[nflug] ghostscript command line

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Fri Feb 15 11:35:56 EST 2008

On my (very) old desktop system, in Linux, my printer only prints in
highest quality - about 2ppm.  Under windoze, I can get it into draft
mode and get over 10 ppm out of it.  I've given up on fixing it in
Linux, but I still need to use the printer.

What I want to do is use ghostscript (on windows) to convert postscript
files from Linux to HP PCL for my Deskjet HP895Cse printer.

I installed ghostscript under windows 98se.

What command line do I need to get gs to convert a ps file and send it
to my printer in draft mode?

When I create the print files (on my notebook) using print to file, do I
need to tell it that the target printer is my HP895Cse?

Is there a better way to do this?

TIA

Joe