[nflug] Dual channel thumb drive

josephj at main.nc.us josephj at main.nc.us
Sat Aug 23 14:11:44 EDT 2008

I just bought a dual channel usb flash drive.  I'm wondering if the
supposed performance enhancement will work under Linux or is it something
a Windoze driver is needed for (the drive does not come with a driver).

I looked up dual channel on wikipedia, but it only covered the concept for
main memory.  From what it said, it looks like it's a hardware feature
that would "just work" regardless of OS.

If it matters, I just got an OCZ Rally2 8GB dual channel usb 2.0.  It was
on sale and I wanted a large one.  The extra speed would be really nice,
but is not critical for me.

Joe